Monday, November 14, 2005

A quick tale 97

I must tell you something

You and I go back a long time. So I think I can tell you. Do you remember that day when you tripped in front of the news stand and hoped that no one saw you? I was there. I was watching as you picked yourself up and dusted your behind and check your shoes to see if your heels were still in place. It was pretty funny, actually. I hope I can keep a straight face when I meet you next time. But pardon me if a little smirk escapes. If you ask me why, I'll tell you it's that hilarious joke I heard on Jonathan Ross last night. But to be honest, it'll be the sight of you, sprawled out, on your back, in front of the news stand the other day that I will be recalling. How angry you were when someone asked you if you were alright! Of course, you were. And how brave of you to walk without wincing. How is your ankle now, my dear? Do apply an ice pack to reduce the swelling and stay away from 4 inch heels and King's Cross station for a few weeks.

6 comments:

Uma said...

That sounds like a page-3 socialite's thoughts... u've seen the movie?
Well written!

.:: ROSH ::. said...

Ammmani..well written tale.

I never understand what makes people LOL when they see someone trippin on the floor.. Whats so funny abt watchin someone fall?Aint that cruel? Only a sick mind can laugh at another's pain. period!

Shammi said...

It's more a case of "thank goodness it wasnt me" sort of laugh - funny with an undercore of empathy :)

Lost in trance... said...

...aint it coz he cared?

Raga said...

Awesome tale! That aside, I think high-heels is one of most cruelest inventions of our time!!!How can someone walk with high-heels when you know that it is sure-shot recipe for a disaster???

Unknown said...

Am I the only one to be linking the high heels & Kings Cross here!!