Thursday, March 30, 2006

A quick tale 120

For a young girl who recently made a remark about my age.

Eww, I can see her making a face. Wrinkling her nose in disgust. Old women! Yewww! They smell, she thinks. And they got chin on their hair. And they can't control their bladder very well. I know an old woman, she tells her friends, who hauls up her boobs over her shoulder much like a sari pallu. Old women, she says while shuddering involuntarily, have ugly bottoms. They wear lumpy underwear. Old women, she confides at an uncharitable moment, should be banished. Better still, she adds as an afterthought, old women should be made to suffer each other. She collapses with laughter at the thought of withered ladies huddled together like penguins to keep each other warm.

Bah! I tell you this, young lady. Someday, you too will lose your firm skin and start wearing Tena Lady. Some day, I bet, some day.

14 comments:

D LordLabak said...

Ammani, nice "back-at-ya". tenaLadies mention....lol

Rubic_Cube said...

Cant really identify with this one. Revenge?

tris said...

aiyyo pavam, I bet you ripped into her and she did not even realize it till later.

Premalatha said...

ayyo, athu naanu, yvayasu keettathu. aanaa naan innum old lady-yaachchee! :D athanaala enakkku saapamlaam (http://gilli.wordpress.com/2006/03/30/universal-truth/) pidikkaathu.

(ennaa innikku gillila ora penkal mayamaa, athuvun namma club members-aa irukkaangka?)

kay said...

you know i'm still afraid of aging...

apu said...

Not enough fiction here ...Too close home probably :)

kammommy said...

I wanna die before I turn fifty. I am petrified of being old, saggy, miserable and catarat ridden and partially deaf and blah blah....all the perks that comes with the silver crown.

Lost in trance... said...

'I know an old woman, she tells her friends, who hauls up her boobs over her shoulder much like a sari pallu.'

ewwwwwww :O)

Nilu said...

oh dear! I thankfully haven't rubbed this woman the wrong way yet(I hope!)...and won't ever dream of doing it in the future.

....that is some venom babe.

Hawkeye said...

whoa... losing control is a sad thing. i am already scared of it

Anonymous said...

chin on their hair??? ewwwwwwwwww

Unknown said...

hey guys
I will be 54 tomorrow and I have never felt younger
the trick: find yourself an addiction like mine..
or should I say addition:

project why ie 600 kids + 36 rookie staff + innumerable unexpected problems = youth at 54!

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Ammani: You (& me) are only as yound as u feel inside - the outside comes next....that's a standard response I get to aging and a pretty good one, methinks.
btw, shouldn't it be `hair on chin';)

aruna said...

Well said, 'Projectwhy'